It is EELISA’s (European Engineering Learning Innovation and Science Alliance) goal to extend higher education in EELISA institutions from teaching and learning to the proposal of solutions to current socio-technial challenges. We address this mission by building and growing EELISA Communities in which students, researchers, faculty and staff members from all institutions as well as external stakeholder are jointly active to solve their mission. The EELISA Community platform provides a pivotal environment and central tool to create EELISA ecosystems. On this platform, all EELISA Communities can promote their mission and communicate, coordinate and disseminate their educational, research and third mission activities.
EELISA Community Building Blocks:
EELISA Community Stakeholder
Entry requirements to become an EELISA Community
- Participants from at least two EELISA institutes from at least two different countries
- 3 activities/year after having applied as EELISA community:
- can include e.g. MOOCs, research symposia, hackathons, summer schools etc.
- at least one activity conducted jointly
- possible to open up already existing activities to EELISA audience
- 1 appointed speaker for each community as main point of contact
- Community name and a community mission referring to SDGs (impact-wise)
Propose your own EELISA Community
ELISA Communities are strongly connected to EELISA credentials. EELISA credentials are like a passport of learning outcomes which includes multiple learning badges. A badge comprises and combines the information which SDG and which learning outcome an EELISA activity provided in an EELISA Community addresses. We expect that all EELISA activities proposed in this call that are related to education will be awarded with EELISA badge(s). More information on EELISA badges can be found here:
If you have questions regarding EELISA credentials and badges, please feel free to contact the EELISA office at email@example.com.