Article 1 – Presentation
- European Engineering Learning Innovation and Science Alliance (EELISA), short EELISA, represented by FAU’s department S-Projects, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Schlossplatz 4, 91054 Erlangen, exploits the domain https://community.eelisa.eu (hereafter called “EELISA Community platform”).
- The EELISA Community platform aims at presenting EELISA Communities and their activities. It allows you to propose Community activities via an online form and make them visible to other platform users. Once these activities are approved by EELISA Community administrators, they will be published under the related EELISA Community. If you are interested in participating in activities, you can get in touch with activity providers and community administrators.
Moreover, you can join an EELISA Community by clicking on the “Join now” button and use communication channels by clicking on “Open Discourse”.
To access certain pages and areas in the platform, you have to create an user profile or login with edugain. Any data collected on these occasions will be recorded in our systems.
- EELISA acts as a data controller given that it determines the purposes and means of the processing of your Personal data.
Article 2 – Purpose of the personal data processing
EELISA uses the information collected from you in order:
- To inform you about EELISA Communities, news, events and other activities
- To give you a possiblity to network and communicate with other members from the EELISA ecosystem
- To receive badges for the participation in EELISA activities
- To collect your feedback on EELISA services and improve them
- To conduct research on networking and co-creation
The legal basis of EELISA in order to process your personal data is its legitimate interest in promoting its activities (article 6.1. a and article 6.1. e GDPR).
Article 3 – Information collected through our EELISA Community platform
EELISA collects the information that you communicate to us through our online form or edugain: basic information about you including but not limited to (e.g. position, gender, activity provided as obligatory information) your first name, last name, e-mail address, and organisation.
Article 4 – Security measures
Any and all personal data collected by EELISA is kept strictly confidential. EELISA takes all the appropriate action to ensure the protection of Personal data.
Article 5 – Third-party disclosure
EELISA’s websites can contain third-party links in sections including but not limited to: Universities’ and partners’ websites, and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn). These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies and might not be GDPR compliant. EELISA, therefore, has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our platform and welcome any feedback about these sites. You can send your feedback to us at email@example.com.
EELISA works with the WordPress agency NETZKOLLEKTIV (platform developer/ technical support) that may have access to your personal data, only if necessary, e.g. in the case of technical login problems.
Article 6 – Opposition right
You have the right to oppose to the personal data processing and the use of personal information to inform you. This right can be exercised by writing an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article 7 – Access to your information, correction, erasure and limitation of the processing
In accordance with article 15 of the GDPR, you have the right to request a copy of the information that EELISA holds about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please e-mail email@example.com or write to us at our registered office mentioned in article 1.
In accordance with article 16 and 17 of the GDPR, you may ask EELISA to correct information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask for your Personal data to be erased. You also have the right to ask EELISA to limit the processing of your Personal data.
You can exercise those rights by writing an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org; or by writing a standard letter and sending it to the EELISA registered office mentioned in article 1.
Article 8 – Portability rights
You also have the right to receive the personal data related to you and that you gave to EELISA, in a structured format, commonly used and readable by a machine and the right to forward this data to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or a contract and is carried out by automated means.
Article 9 – Personal data retention
EELISA can retain your personal data necessary to inform you about its activities during three (3) years from the collection of the data or from the last contact from you.
EELISA can retain your personal data concerning your opposition to receive any information from our side during three (3) years.
Article 11 – Notification of a data breach
To be in line with GDPR, should a data breach occur, EELISA will notify you via e-mail and place a notification on the platform within 72 hours.
Article 12 – How to contact EELISA
FAU’s Department S-Projects
91094 Erlangen, Germany
Article 13 – Right of complaint
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial appeal, you have the right to introduce a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State in which you have your habitual residence, workplace or place of the alleged violation if you consider that the personal data processing infringes the GDPR.
Norbert Gärtner (Data Protection Officer at FAU)
Phone: +49 9131 85-70830
Bayerischer Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz
Postfach 22 12 19
Tel : +49 89 212672-0
Fax : +49 89 212672-50