Design thinking – Technology for elderly people
This activity will provide EELISA students with principles and applied concepts of Design Thinking. Students will have the opportunity to put these concepts into practice by proposing ideas to help elder people face the challenges of today's society.
It is aimed at:
• Studying "Design" as a tool for social and economic development.
• Approaching the definition of a product with a methodological approach in Design Thinking.
• Involving students in innovative ideas, applying the Design Thinking to face the challenge of achieving greater integration of the elderly in society.
• Highlighting the value of our elders in the communities.
The activity consists of two parts. On the first day, students will attend several workshops on Design Thinking and Social Innovation. On a second day, the concepts studied will be applied to the topic of “Elderly people”. Initially, three different topics facing the problem of “Technology for Elderly” will be presented to student: Home for elderly; Digital divide; Elderly pedestrian. Then, students will participate in a hackathon working in teams made up of students from different universities and countries to deal with a challenge.
Day 1 (16 Mar):
• Workshop on Design Thinking Principles
• Workshop on Social Innovation with Design Thinking
• Workshop on Service-learning and community engagement through Design Thinking
Day 2 (17 Mar):
• Presentation of Topic 1: Home for elderly
• Presentation of Topic 2: Digital Literacy for Elderly
• Presentation of Topic 3: Elderly pedestrian
• Presentation of the Challenge for the Hackathon
• Hackathon: Work in teams of three people, made up of students from different universities guided by mentors from the three communities
Support for travel and accomodation might be offered by EELISA institution, applicants for this activity can contact their local EELISA coordinator to ask for support options:
|Institution||Contact person(s) and position||Email address|
|BME||Sára Tóvölgyi / |
Kata Kapusy / Sándor Kiss
|ENPC||Marie Christine Bertfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|PSL-Mines||Alma Catala Lunaemail@example.com|
|SNS||Nicola Tasinatofirstname.lastname@example.org |
|UPM||María Luisa Martínez Munetaemail@example.com|
Undergraduate and Master's degree students from any of the universities belonging to the EELISA alliance.